|Antonio is a multilingual renaissance individual who traveled worldwide when working as export manager for Italian companies. He is an essayist, critic, researcher, novelist, poet, philosopher, sculptor, painter, composer, healer, and performer of several instruments.
He is a foreign languages professor, and currently a full time artist.
Art remains at the center of Antonio’s ambitions and passion. He firmly believes that an artist doesn't only belong to himself. Gifts and talents are a grant from God and are shared with the community.
"Besides my PhD and University teaching, art is my confident and expression. Words, sculpture painting and music, are on my daily menu. They are created and sculpted to fit my thoughts. With these tools I indulge in reveries and immerse in a fancy world. They are the Voice of my Soul That makes me laugh or cry, praise or accuse. Denouncing evil doesn’t mean enjoying defeat. I shudder in front of crimes and fear their consequences. Seek the seed and comprehend that pernicious actions are the cause of sufferings in a world already traumatized. Watch the boomerang!”
PhD. Philosophy & Anthropology Doctor, University of Louisiana at Lafayette, Louisiana, USA;
M.A. Master’s Degree, French language & literature; Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA;
M.A. Master's Degree, Italian, University of New Orleans.
B.A. Bachelor of Art, University of Lyon, France.
Antonio mastered his sculpting skills by studying old masters’ techniques and observing those of contemporary artists. He transformed a cold material such as the water base clay into artwork in which life and movement are constantly depicted creating henceforth his own modeling style which is a mixture of grace and power. His knowledge of human’s anatomy allows him to arrange and position the body in a rationalized esthetic that would respect its harmonious proportions while blowing life into it.
Besides, Antonio’s paintings reflect a variety of subjects in oil color, acrylic, and charcoal. Many of his canvases illustrate humans in different aspects of their life.
Moreover, Antonio is also involved in commercial paintings that mostly illustrate American football players.
As cartoonist, Antonio takes pleasure in materializing a witty sense of humor with drawings depicting his unique vision of the world.
Solfege, Harmony, and Counterpoint have been studied in Italian and American conservatories and private colleges where Antonio mastered the saxophone, piano, and classic guitar.
Antonio wrote hundreds of compositions and was a guest of several radio and television stations in Italy where he lived before moving to the United States. His originals include easy listening, jazz, soul, hip-hop, and classic music especially quartet for violin concerto. His music is not only marked by the variety of its expression but by its complex texture as well. Antonio continues to compose and perform in public, winning monetary awards in the State of Louisiana as best classic guitar performer.
He is a member of the “Società Italiana Autori Editori” of Rome, Italy; and ASCAP of New York.
* "Miriam la Gorane", a true crime story in French about the Toubou, a Northern Chadian tribe in Africa, published by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, a reference book at the Dupré Library.
* "The Voice of my Soul", self-help book, Volume I, in English, published by Magnet Publications, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
* "Soul and Ashes", a poetry and self-help book in Arabic published by Dar Hoda, Lebanon.
* "The Voice of my Soul", self-help book, volume II, in English, published by Magnet Publications, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
* "Rabelais et l’Église", critic work in French about the Renaissance French author François Rabelais, published by the Louisiana State University Press, Baton Rouge, Louisiana; a reference book at the Middleton Library.
* "The Colors of Life", poetry published by International Library Poetry, Owings Mills, Maryland.
* A mystery novel in English published by Iuniverse, online publisher under Aka.
* "Hi Neighbors", poetry & prose book, in English, published by Publish America, Frederick, Maryland.
* "My Romance", CD featuring Antonio as piano soloist, published by Michael Angelo Publishing, Baton Rouge, Louisiana;
* "Celine", CD featuring Antonio as Sax soloist, published by Tosco Record, Florence, Italy;
* Classic Guitar Collection, CD featuring Antonio as Guitar soloist, published by Mel Bay, Pacific, Missouri.
Italian, French, English, Spanish, German, Portuguese, Latin, Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Romenian.
INTERESTS, HOBBIES & SKILLS
Volunteering & Human Rights Activist;
Eastern Philosophy and Disciplines;
Black Belt, (3rd Tao), Kung Fu Chinese martial arts. Instructor in Italian and American clubs, at Brec in Baton Rouge, Louisiana;
Hatha and Kryia Yoga;
Massages: Swedish, Shiatsu and Reflexology;